Taiwanese manufacturer- Asus is mostly associated with computers and laptops. Though it manufactures phones and tablets as well. But it knows that it’s not easy to grab market share from giants like apple and Samsung. So, Asus launched a whole new category of devices targeting niche consumers requiring phone and tablet in one device. The device is aptly titled as Padfone. The series had three phones till now, and the latest one adds one more to the count. The newly launched Padfone Infinity is almost similar to its predecessor with some latest hardware.
So, whenever you are having the need of larger screen, simply dock the Padfone smartphone to the station. The docking station recognizes it instantly and quickly boots up. The best thing about this updated device is that it will still be compatible with old padfone dock. Thus users who already own that may not need to purchase it again.
Asus Padfone Infinity Specifications
- Black and White Color options
- 5 inches screen with Full HD resolution, pixel density of 441 ppi
- Snapdragon 800 processor with 2.2 GHz clock speed
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16/ 32 GB storage with support for external memory up to 64 GB via micro SD card
- 13 MP camera with LED flash at back, 2 MP camera at front
- 2G/ 3G/ 4G support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC and GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 (JellyBean) OS
Asus Padfone Infinity Station Specifications
- 10.1 inches screen with Full HD resolution
- 5000 mAh battery
- Charges the smartphone when docked with it
Asus Padfone Infinity Launch Date
Company has not revealed the launch date of the device globally, but it has been launched in its home country Taiwan. The pricing of the Padfone Infinity is 18,990 Taiwan Dollar (~ USD 640), while the Docking station will cost 7000 Taiwan Dollar (~USD 240).