Samsung has finally put the rumours and hype to the rest with the unveiling of the Galaxy S5 at MWC in Barcelona. The device carries on the features started by its Galaxy S series and adds some really interesting capabilities.
Let’s take a look at the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S5-
- Display: 5.1-inch screen with the resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, pixel density of 432 ppi
- Processor: Quad-core processor clocked at 2.5GHz
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: Internal memory of 16/32GB with expandable memory supporting up to 128GB microSD cards
- Connectivity: 2G/3G/4G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS, IR and NFC
- Main camera: 16MP camera at the back with LED flash
- Secondary camera: 2MP camera at the front
- Battery: 2,880mAh Li-ion battery
- OS: Android 4.4.2 with TouchWiz UI
Here are some of the factors that make the Samsung Galaxy S5 worthy of its flagship tag-
Last year, Samsung Galaxy S4 had to face stiff competition from the Sony’s Xperia Z series which were durable because of IP rating. Samsung has learnt from the mistake and has now complied with IP67 certification for the S5 making it dust and water proof.
Fastest quad-core Smartphone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 boasts of being the fastest device with a quad-core processor. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor which has four cores clocked at the speed of 2.5GHz.
Samsung is again following the innovator Apple, which launched the TouchID sensor in the iPhone 5S. The Galaxy S5 also gets a fingerprint sensor on the home button. This sensor can not only be used to unlock the device, but also a private mode as well as paying for things through Paypal from the device itself.
Heart rate monitor
To health freaks, the Smartphone also offers a way to monitor heart rates. This can be easily done by placing your finger on the flash at the back.
There’s also S Health 3.0 application which makes it easier to monitor your daily routine for eating as well as exercise.
The device has a 16MP camera, but what’s interesting that the manufacturer is making use of ISOCELL sensors to ensure that the images are captured well. The camera also offers the ability to shoot now and focus later, which is similar to what we get to see in Nokia’s high-end smartphones. The camera is also capable of shooting videos in UHD resolution.
So, when can you get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy S5? Though there’s no info about its pricing, the phone will be available to buy globally in the month of April.