Starting the year 2014, Sony has added two more devices in its Xperia range. While one of them dubbed as Xperia T2 Ultra aiming at fast-growing phablet segment, another is Xperia E1 targeting budget segment. As their names suggest, both the phones are successors to the Xperia T and Xperia E respectively, the devices launched by the company earlier.
The Xperia T2 Ultra will strengthen Sony’s position in the phablet market after the Xperia Z Ultra and compete against Samsung Galaxy Mega and Nokia Lumia 1320. The device also has several camera apps that were included with Sony’s flagship Xperia Z1.
On the other hand, with the Xperia E1, company is luring audio enthusiasts as it offers loud 100Db speaker and Walkman button for music playback. The Xperia E1 also gets software features like ClearAudio+ mode and xLoud to deliver good sound experience.
Features of Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual
- Thickness of 7.6 mm
- Weighs 172 grams
- Sports Triluminos display of 6-inch with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, resulting in pixel density of 245 ppi
- Quad-core Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.4GHz
- 1GB RAM
- 8 GB internal memory, which can be expanded further up to 64GB with the use of a microSD card
- 13MP Exmor RS camera at the back with LED flash
- 1.1MP front camera with Exmor R lens
- 2G/3G/4G connectivity with optional dual-SIM model, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC and GPS
- Android 4.3 operating system with customized interface
- 3,000mAH battery capacity with STAMINA mode to boost the battery life
Features of Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual
- Colour options include White, Black and Purple
- 4-inch display bearing resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, giving pixel density of 233 ppi
- Powered by 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB inbuilt storage with an optional expansion slot to add microSD card of up to 32GB
- 3MP rear camera
- 2G/3G network support with optional dual-SIM variant, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS
- Android 4.3 platform
- Battery of 1,700 mAh
Pricing and Availability details
As clear from the devices and their specifications, Sony is targeting them at the emerging markets like Asia. However, it hasn’t given any details about their release data and pricing.