Numero Uno mobile phone manufacturer, Samsung is continuing with its strategy of launching a successful product and then its successors. Latest to follow this trend is company’s Galaxy Grand device. It was unveiled in December last year to bring its popular Galaxy Note’s display size to a much affordable device. In that way, ‘phablets’ would be a right name for the Galaxy Grand series.
The successor is aptly called as Galaxy Grand 2 and offers similar features with slightly better specifications.
Main Features of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
– Similar to Galaxy Note 3, Samsung has used a leather back to the Galaxy Grand 2.
– This gives a unique design to the device, with several colored choices in Black, White and Pink.
– It has thickness of 8.9 mm and weight of 163 g, which is pretty good for a device of such size.
– The Galaxy Grand 2 features a large screen size of 5.25 inches compared to 5 inches of its predecessor.
– It also offers better resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels compared to qHD resolution of Galaxy Grand.
– This results in pixel density of 280 pixels per inches.
– The device is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz.
– The processor is accompanied by a 1.5 GB RAM, which should be sufficient to ensure that the device works smoothly.
– The device comes with Android 4.3 JellyBean OS, which is just a version back from the current version Android 4.4.
– Samsung has also added various software features like Samsung Hub, Samsung Link, Eraser, etc.
Other Features of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
For memory, it has 8 GB of storage which can be expanded using micro SD card up to 64 GB. It has all the connectivity options like 2G/ 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Similar to the predecessor, it offers dual SIM slots. It has an 8 MP camera with flash at the back, and a 1.9 MP camera at the front.
Pricing and Availability
Unfortunately, Samsung has not given any details about the possible date of launch of the Galaxy Grand 2. There’s no information about its pricing.