With the growth of smartphones and companies like Samsung and Apple, it may seem that Nokia has been sidelined. It has already been late to the party of smartphones and that too with Windows Phone which hasn’t been really able to prove itself as better alternative to Android and iOS. But, along with trying harder with its Lumia Nokia is still trying to do what it does the best launching great feature phones for masses. Earlier this year, Nokia unveiled 207 and 208 (dual-SIM variant as well) phones at economical prices and today it added another phone to the range called as 515.
Nokia might have targeted 515 at budget-sensitive users, but the design and build quality of the phone is outstanding at par with top of the line smartphones. The phone is created with single slab of aluminum giving it a premium look in Black and White colors. The display is protected by Gorilla Glass 2 technology making it secures against minor scratches and knocks. The keypad is also made from specifically created polycarbonate resin making typing on the phone a joy. The camera of the device also boasts of useful features such as voice guided self-portrait (taking one’s self picture even though they can’t see it on the screen), sequential shot, panorama (taking 100 degree shot), and more. The phone will also borrow a lot of features from smartphones with apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. already installed on it. Users will also be able to find more apps in Nokia Store.
Nokia 515 Specifications
- Dimensions of 114 x 48 x 11 mm
- Weight of 101 g
- 2.4” LCD screen with 320 x 240 pixels resolution, 262 k colors
- 64 MB RAM, 256MB flash storage, expandable up to 32GB microSD card
- 5 MP camera with LED flash
- 2G/ 3.5G support with single SIM and dual SIM variants (with hot swap technology)
- MicroUSB port for data transfer cum charging, Bluetooth 3.0 with Bluetooth Slam functionality
- 1200 mAh battery with up to 38 days standby time and up to 10.4 hours talk time (up to 5.3 hours during 3G)
Nokia 515 Launch Date
The 515 will be available in the next month of September and unlike 207, 208 will be rather priced at upper end at EUR 115.