Have you ever wondered that just for checking few things like Balance, Validity, and recharge plans, etc., for your mobile number, you’ve to remember bunch of numbers to call and SMS. And if we’re activating any service on the number, then there are some more codes. What’s more startling is that this is the scenario when we say that were living in a smart world.
Well, not for all, but if you’re a Vodafone user/ subscriber then India’s 2nd largest telecom company has a solution for you. My Vodafone app brings you all details about your number under one place. The app has been around for quite some time, but the recent update brings a lot of useful features to the app.
While the opening the app for the first time, the app asks for user registration. The registration works only when the user is connected via mobile network, and not through Wi-Fi. If one is already a user, they can login, else they can register themselves by making a username (even your own number can be used as one) and a password.
Once that is done, you’ll see a start screen with following options:
1) My Profile- details about your mobile number and the owner.
2) My Balance- you can see your current balance and if required recharge the number directly from here. You can also see Bonus Balance, Recent Recharges and even Recent Deductions
3) My Services- all the value added services can be seen here. If you’re already subscribed to some of them, they will be shown under ‘Currently Active’ bucket, while all such services will be under ‘Available for Activation’ bucket. The services are categorized under Music & Movies, Astro & Devotional, Entertainment, Info & Utilities and Sports. The best part is you can remove your current subscriptions or add to them.
4) My Plan- It shows details about the data plan, if one has subscribed to one. You can see all the details about the data usage- last usage, total data consumed, and even data used in the past 7 sessions.
5) My Requests- If you’ve made any request to Vodafone, then it will be shown here.
The above features are mentioned for a prepaid connection of Vodafone, and there would be relevant changes for Postpaid users of the service.
The app is very indispensable for Vodafone users as it provides all the information about one’s number at one place. All the features will prove to be very beneficial, however, we felt that there should be an option to see about various recharge options. Right now, we can’t see the balance one will get for any Talk time or validity recharge, similar for other recharges of SMS, Internet.
The app is available across multiple platforms-