While we are awaiting the release of LG’s next flagship Smartphone, the G3. The Korean company has unveiled a phablet variant of its current flagship Smartphone- the LG G2. The device is dubbed as G Pro 2 and is successor to last year’s Optimus G Pro. Taking on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3’s large screen size of 5.7-inch, the G Pro 2 sports a 5.9-inch display. Even though its display is .2-inch larger, it’s just 2.7mm wider and 6.7mm taller than the Note 3. This is possible due to extremely thin bezels along the display at just 3.3mm. What’s more astounding is that the device boasts of screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2percent only.
Similar to its sibling, the G Pro 2 has buttons at the rear for increasing or decreasing volume and power button. To make it easier to unlock the device, the software of the G Pro 2 offers Knock Code functionality. Just like KnockON, it allows the device to be unlocked by tapping a specific code. It also has Mini View interface for making it suitable for one-handed use.
Key features of the LG G Pro 2
- Available in black, white and silver colour options
- 5.9-inch display with resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, pixel density of 373ppi
- Powered by quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor offering clock speed of 2.26GHz
- Graphics is handled by Adreno 330 graphics processing unit
- 3GB RAM for smooth multitasking
- 16/ 32GB internal storage, which is expandable further by the use of microSD card
- 13MP camera with LED flash and OIS+ at the back
- 2.1MP camera at the front
- Supports 2G/ 3G/ LTE network
- In terms of connectivity, it has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC and GPS
- Shipped with Android 4.4 KitKat operating system with proprietary software customisations
- 3,200 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability details of the LG G Pro 2
Unfortunately there aren’t any details about the availability and pricing of the device. It will be put on showcase in the upcoming MWC and we expect it to make its way sooner to global markets.