Search engine giant, Google’s Chrome Operating System is certainly hot category this season. After several hardware manufacturers including Acer, HP and Samsung launching their Chrome based laptops and computers, recently Dell also unveiled its laptop running Chrome OS. Today’s the turn of LG, which has announced a desktop All in one system dubbed as Chromebase (Model 22CV241). This is the first device from LG running on Google’s cloud based Chrome OS. It’s also interesting to note that there aren’t many chrome based desktops apart from Samsung’s Chromebox.
Buyers would be able to make full use of Chrome’s desktop apps on the Chrome OS along with the availability of a plethora of web apps.
Spec Sheet of LG Chromebase
- Display- It has a 21.5 inch monitor with Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution. It offers viewing angles of 178 degrees.
- Processor- The desktop gets an Intel Celeron CPU based on the 4th generation Haswell architecture.
- RAM- It has 2GB of RAM.
- Storage- Users will get a 16GB Solid state disk storage for their data requirements.
- Webcam- For video calling needs, the AIO desktop offers a 1.3MP camera capable of streaming 720p videos.
- Multimedia- Inbuilt 5W stereo speakers and integrated microphone is available in the system.
- Ports- The LG Chromebase has an HDMI port, three USB 2.0 port, one USB 3.0 port and an Ethernet port.
- Operating System- Chromebase runs on the Chrome OS.
Launch information of LG Chromebase
Though the Korean company has announced the Chromebase, it will be first showcased next month during the world’s largest electronics exhibition CES. The launch details and pricing information is also expected to be shared at that time.
The package of the system will include AIO desktop monitor, keyboard, mouse and a cable organizer.