It’s no doubt that the sales of laptops are declining day by day when compared to tablets. As we discussed in the article whether laptops are dying, we came to the conclusion that if laptops are able to morph themselves for the modern generation, then they will not be going anywhere. One of the prime examples of the same is Lenovo Yoga and now the Chinese manufacturer has extended the same concept to a new and affordable range. Dubbed as Ideapad Flex, the device is flexible enough to support two different modes which allows the user to make complete use of the multi-touch display.
The laptop can be used in two modes, one is a normal mode and other is stand mode. In stand mode, it can be rotated by 300 degrees making it easily usable with a touchscreen or watching movies.
The Lenovo Flex also boasts of multimedia capabilities with Dolby stereo speakers. Lenovo has also pre-installed several of its apps like Lenovo Companion, Lenovo Support, Lenovo Cloud Storage by SugarSync, etc. There are other apps as well such as Skype, Evernote, Amazon Kindle, etc.
Specifications of Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14
- Black color with silver edges
- 2 kg weight
- 14 inch touchscreen with 10 point multi-touch having resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels
- Processor can be chosen between Core i3 to Core i7
- 4 GB RAM, optional 8 GB RAM
- Optional NVidia Geforce graphics card
- 500 GB hard–disk and optional 128/ 256 GB solid state disks
- Web cam capable for 720p video chatting
- 2 USB 2 0, 1 USB 3 0, HDMI and Ethernet ports, SD card slot
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 4 cell battery giving up to 9 hours of battery backup during normal usage and up to 6 hours battery backup while watching Full HD videos
- 64-bit Windows 8 Operating System
The hybrid laptop can be purchased starting today across all online and offline stores. The device carries an economical price tag of Rs. 42250 and is an ideal device for work or entertainment purposes.