Windows Phone 8 Operating System has been able to grow gradually, but effectively against formidable Android and iOS. While both Android and iOS had the advantage of time and thus maturity of their platform, WP 8 is giving users something fresh and different. However, one serious problem with the Operating System is that there are no options available to the users apart from Nokia’s Lumia series. Moreover, for budget users, only Lumia 520 was the options and perhaps, that is the reason, why it’s doing really well in all the markets.
But, if you are craving more choices in the budget segment for a Windows Phone 8 device, then Huawei might have an answer for you. The company has recently introduced an entry-level WP8 smartphone dubbed as Ascend W2. It’s the successor to Ascend W1 smartphone released in 2012.
Features of Huawei Ascend W2
- Physical Design- The device has handy dimensions of 134 x 67 x 9.9 mm and slightly more weight at 160 grams.
- Colors- Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue
- Display- The smartphone has a 4.3 inch screen with resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. This gives pixel density of 217 pixels per inches.
- Processor- Ascend W2 is powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- RAM- It comes with 512 MB RAM, and though it may sound low, the OS runs very smoothly.
- Memory- It gets an internal storage of 8 GB, with option for further expansion up to 32 GB using a micro SD card
- Camera- If offers a 5 MP primary camera, but there is no flash. There isn’t any camera at the front, either.
- Network- It supports 2G/ 3G with Full SIM card tray.
- Connectivity- The phone has usual features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
- Battery– Huawei Ascend W2 is fueled by a battery of 1700 mAh.
- Operating System– It is loaded with Windows Phone 8 with Update 3, which was recently unveiled.
- Others- There are some nice customizations from Huawei on the smartphone. It has a magic touchscreen which means it is very sensitive and responds to user’s touch instantly. Another interesting feature is that the capacitive keys at the bottom complements the phone’s theme, which means it would be of same color as of the theme.
Launching soon in India
That’s one of the most talking point for the Huawei Ascend W2. The company has globally launched the smartphone, with an indication to launch it in India soon. There is no mention of the pricing, but it should be under Rs 10,000 making it a direct competitor to Nokia’s bestselling smartphone- Lumia 520.