Qualcomm had announced its next-generation Snapdragon Processor 805 recently. It’s a successor to Snapdragon 800 and is blazingly fast due to 2.5 GHz clock speed in its 4 cores. Now, the first device to be powered by its Snapdragon 8974AC SoC is unveiled by a Chinese company Gionee. The Elife E7 is the company’s flagship smartphone, and is successor to Elife E6 launched in India sometime back.
Gionee is promoting the phablet as best Android camera phone due to its large 16 MP camera sensor at the back. It has several camera centric features such as ‘auto makeup effects’, ‘Automatic Scene Recognition’, ‘Meeting Memo Mode’, and more. It also offers large 8 MP camera at front for video calling.
The device also comes with company’s custom interface developed on top of Android called Amigo 2.0. It also adds useful functionality such as double tap to wake up, Black Screen Gestures (draw gesture on the black screen to initiate actions), Voice Control, etc.
Specifications of Gionee Elife E7
- 9.7 m thickness
- Weight of 150 grams
- Available in Black, White, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink and Orange
- 5.5 inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) protected by Gorilla Glass 3 layer, pixel density of 400 ppi
- 2.5 GHz quad-core processor (LTE variant)/ 2.26 GHz quad-core processor (3G variant)
- 2GB or 3 GB RAM
- 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage which can’t be expanded
- 16 MP primary camera with LED flash
- 8 MP camera at the front
- 2G/ 3G and optional 4G LTE version
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and GPS
- 2500 mAh battery
- Android 4.3 JellyBean Operating System with Gionee’s Amigo 2.0 UI
Pricing and Availability of Gionee Elife E7
The device will be launched in the first week of December in China with asking price of 2699 Yuan for the 16 GB model (comes with 2 GB RAM), and 3199 Yuan for 32 GB model (comes with 3 GB RAM). Though, there are no dates as of now, the Gionee Elife E7 is expected to be launched in India in January next year.