Microsoft Outlook was a great application for synchronizing all your e-mail accounts at one place and getting all the mails. Though, with the current technology and time savvy approach people nowadays don’t prefer to use multiple accounts and MS Outlook also not taking any important steps to update itself.
This lack of technological interest has forced many people to shut their MS Outlook accounts and going for their private Gmail or other mailing options. But, what about the common contacts which you’ve from all your e-mail ids on Outlook and now when you’re going for a single one, then how you’re going to import them?
Well, every question has an answer and here I’m today will be answering to your question that how to export contacts from Outlook and then import them to Gmail.
This process of exporting and importing is in two steps and here below are they.
Steps to Export Contacts from MS Outlook
Irrespective of the version of MS Outlook, you can use the below steps to export contacts.
- First of all, open your File Menu and click on ‘Import and Export’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘export to file’ option before clicking to the ‘next’.
- Click on ‘Comma Separated Values (Windows), and click next.
- Now choose the ‘Contacts Folder’ from the folder list and again click on next.
- Save the contacts file as a ‘.CSV’ file to the folder of your choice.
- Save the file with a name before clicking on the final next and then finish.
Now, as you’ve exported the contacts successfully, here below are the importing steps.
Steps to Import contacts into the Gmail
- You have to Login into your account and click on the ‘Contacts’ at the top of the webpage which will open a new contact list in a new window.
- Click on the ‘Import Contacts’ option.
- Now, you’ll be asked to select the ‘.CSV’ contact file which you saved while exporting contacts.
- After selecting the file, click on import contacts and that’s all.
However, you need to take care of the below things while performing the import and export process.
- Make sure that all the contacts do have a valid e-mail address as the contacts without the e-mail address won’t get imported.
- Don’t try to import the distribution list, because Gmail does not support them.